Thursday 13 September 2012

Lord of the Rings

Hello! I am again writing to speak about my current book- The Fellowship of the Ring. Though I am not very far yet (page. 97), I still have a few things to reflect on.

The first thing is the chapter titles. I love it when the chapter name is suspenseful, funny, or just plain odd, and allows me to ponder what the chapter might be about, or makes me laugh. The Lord of the Rings chapters are definitely like that. Here are some examples of many that I really enjoyed.

Three is Company
A Short-Cut to Mushrooms
A Conspiracy Unmasked
And many more!

First of all let me tell you that this is a Warning: Spoiler Alert! This means that if you don't want plot details revealed to you, please look no further until I inform you that the alert is over. So let's begin! In the book, Frodo and his companions, Sam and Pippin, are on a journey to keep the Ring of Power from the Dark Lord's evil clutches. Along the way, they are constantly tracked by the Dark Lord's suspicious servants: Big Folk dressed all in black with cloaks wrapped around them riding on big, dark horses. So here I am going to make an inference. Who do I think these strange henchmen are? I have a few ideas. One, they could be creatures similar to the strange, snakelike-creature, Gollum, in The Hobbit. Or, they could be protectors of the rings that are closer to spirits than actual human beings. But who knows? They really could be anything.

*Spoiler Alert Over*

I will be adding to this post, so keep checking back for updates!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting and stopping at my blog!