Wednesday 19 September 2012

Non-Fiction Review


No, I am still not done with library challenges. Just when you thought they were over... This one was to do a book review or simple reflection on any piece of non-fiction. Not having read many non-fiction books, I chose one I read at the end of last year that I quite thoroughly enjoyed. Read on to find out more! :)
Heaven is For Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent
    I admit, I am not really one for non-fiction books. I personally prefer something that allows me to… imagine more. However, this was a book I really enjoyed.
    “Heaven is for Real” told the story of four-year-old Colten Burpo, who became fatally sick with a burst appendix. The doctors said it was likely he was going to die. No one really had much hope left. Suddenly, he miraculously started to get better, and began recounting to his parents everything he experienced when he “died” and went to heaven and came back again.  
    This was a very thought-provoking read. It made me think about heaven, and all the amazing things Colten was able to remember and recount. He even told his parents about seeing family members (that he had never seen before in his life) that had long since passed away in heaven, and was able to describe them exactly. It truly is an incredible story, and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in this type of a book.

*Please note that this is not a formal book review. It is more of a reflection, and does not follow the format of a book review*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting and stopping at my blog!