Monday 30 September 2013

September Wrap-Up

I'm going to go ahead and face it-- I suck at TBRs. Like, horribly, irrationally, ridiculously incapable of sticking to my TBRs. I guess it's because my moods and reading 'feelings' change so amazingly quick that I never squeeze in the books I was previously in the mood for, or books I keep forcing myself to pick up. So after October, I am done with TBR's (except for my winter TBR... that's different, okay?).

There was no change this month. I read one book from my TBR. One book (and I finished it today, on the last day of September). I suck. I promised I would read one from each genre. I committed myself to reading Jane Eyre. But I just couldn't do it. I wasn't in the mood, and I hate reading books I would otherwise enjoy when I'm forcing myself through them. So, the status for Tackling the TBR this reading month? Not great.

However, I was very busy for a large majority of the month, and gone away for another week, but I tackled my way through five books. And they are...
  1. My Life Undecided by Jessica Brody: *** (three stars)
  2. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen: ***** (five stars)
  3. Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon and Dean Hale, Illustrated by Nathan Hale: **** (four stars)
  4. Dark Triumph by R.L. LaFevers: ***** (five stars)
  5. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead: ***** (five stars)
So even though I didn't stick to my TBR, and I also didn't have much chance to read, I read three five-stars books. That's over half. That's 3/5. That's awesome! I value the quality over the quantity of books I read, so all in all, a good reading month as far as that's concerned. 

Thanks for reading! Tomorrow I will post my October TBR. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting and stopping at my blog!