Tuesday 1 October 2013

October TBR

I can't believe it's October already! If you saw my September Wrap-Up, you will know that I have declared that I won't be continuing themed TBRs (I will figure out later how I will do it instead). However, I have been planning this theme for ages and it seems only obvious I would choose it for this month. This is really the only time of year that I feel like reading this, and I love it when my books match the time of year! So here are my choices...
  1. Unwind by Neal Shusterman
  2. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
  3. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
As you can see, the genre is dark or creepy books. Not necessarily horror-- Just something creepy and related to Halloween. Many of them have other elements in them as well, such as romance or dystopia. 

Usually I have four books in my TBR. I can't guarantee I'll definitely read it, but I would absolutely love creepy/dark book suggestions. If you don't have any, or even if you do, please let me know if any of the following sound like something I should check out. 
  1. The Devouring by Simon Holt
  2. The Diviners by Libba Bray
  3. The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
  4. Burn Bright by Marianne de Pierres
  5. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting 
  6. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (this one doesn't completely fit the theme but it reminds me of Halloween, okay?)
More suggestions?

Thanks so much-- Please comment on this post if you have ideas. 

2 comments:

  1. I have a whole list! I'm thinking about making a post on it on my own blog. :) A few are Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk, The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff, and The Graveyard book by Neil Gaiman. Hope this helps! Let me know if I should give more suggestions!

    ~ Brianna from For The Love of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh right!!! I was thinking The Replacement and The Graveyard Book but I forgot. I might check out Haunted too. Thanks! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting and stopping at my blog!