Saturday 30 November 2013

November Wrap Up + December TBR/Epic Recs

Today is the final day of November which means time to take a look at the books I've read. I had a not-so-great month to be honest. I read five books, which sounds okay, but one was a children's book that was super short and easy to read (took me about an hour) and another was a very quick read that was also mandatory for a novel study.
  1. War Brothers by Sharon E. McKay: *** (three stars) - GINS novel study book
  2. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Caroll: *** (three stars) - Strangest book ever I swear
  3. Unwind by Neil Shusterman: ***** (five stars) - a;lskdjf;lksdjfjasdkjfd 
  4. Allegiant by Veronica Roth: **** (four stars) - *cries*
  5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: ***** (five stars) - Re-read... ahh love these books! <3
I also haven't been keeping up to date with anything really. I didn't do an October Wrap-Up OR a November TBR, I didn't participate in any Top Ten Tuesday's, I didn't complete a book spotlight or November book reviews. I haven't even published or fully written my Liesl and Po review from October. In case you didn't get the message: I've been slacking. All I have posted this month have been mandatory novel posts. I will try to improve that for December! I have quite the extensive list, so take a look (in order of priority).
  1. Partials by Dan Wells - My Epic Rec from this month which I didn't get around to reading. It will happen this month! 
  2. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling (re-read) - I just want to, kay.
  3. Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan - Yay light winter contemporary
  4. The Giver by Lois Lowry - My epic rec for December! See more below. 
  5. Winterling by Sarah Prineas - Light winter adventures and fantasy! 
  6. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens - I haven't read this but this is the traditional Christmas classic!
  7. Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu - Snow Queen winter fairytale, enough said. 
Other options: How to Save a Life by Sarah Zarr, Fathomless and Cold Spell by Jackson Pearce, Witchlanders by Lena Coakley and The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Anderson.

Okay, so there are 13 mandatory books. Plus Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins which I'm not even halfway through. Yeah... that's realistic.... I'll try. And fail. Whatever. 

I know this post is super long, but I just want to say a quick note about Epic Recs. My book for the month is The Giver by Lois Lowry, and Brianna's is Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers. We both have not read last month's books yet (we're trying!), but we definitely we complete both Epic Recs for December. Check back for another post on that later. 

Anyways, have a lovely day. Thanks. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting and stopping at my blog!