Thursday 26 December 2013

Update + TBR

I literally suck. The last book review I posted was Vampire Academy... and I read that in ... September?  And before that I hardly posted any reviews as well. I also had a review I was going to do for Liesl and Po that's been sitting around since October. Have I mentioned that I suck? Anyways, in early January I will be posting some of my goals and I will expand on what I'm going to do to fix this problem. But for now, I'm going to be promising four reviews: Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan, A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, Partials by Dan Wells (when I finish it) and *hides* Liesl and Po by Lauren Oliver.

I also have several tags planned. I apologize sincerely to Brianna @ For the Love of Books and Kalindee @ They Start Revolutions (go and follow them now - them and their blogs are fantastic!) for neglecting to complete either tag. The moment for Bookish Halloween Tag has, sadly, long passed, but I am looking forward to posting the Book Scavenger Hunt tag (check it out on Kalindee's blog). I also have two other tags planned so keep a watch for those.

Finally, what have I been reading? Now that I'm on break, I have so much more time to read. Lately I have been really slowing down with my reading and I don't like it! I have so many books to read, so it's great to get into the swing of things again. So far in December I have read Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (re-read), The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Anderson, Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling (re-read), and A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. I am actually super excited about this! There is still almost a week left of my favourite month of the year, so I am hoping to finish another three books. Sounds ambitious, but I don't think it'll be too bad considering I'm on break.

Currently I am reading Partials by Dan Wells, my epic rec for... *hides again* November. At first, I was really liking everything about the story, only I couldn't get into it AT ALL. I was practically skimming (which I rarely ever do), and it was a struggle to make it through a few pages. One chapter was a celebration! However, I read a chapter of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, then resumed reading Partials, hoping to motivate myself by rewarding myself with HP when I read so much of Partials (thanks a lot Brianna). But then I read a chapter more and it started getting super action-filled and awesome! So now I'm excited. (:

The books I would like to finish for the rest of December include Partials by Dan Wells, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling and finally, my epic rec for December, The Giver by Lois Lowry. I actually have hope to finish these by December. And if I finish two of these, my goal of 70 books read in 2013 will be met!! And guess what? I'm FINALLY back on track!

This was a very long and overdue update - but I have a lot of catching up to do! Keep updated because I am going to try to post more often in the coming weeks. What are you reading or doing on your break? And I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Not only was this update overdue, but you haven't posted in almost a month! It makes me sad :( Anyway, I'm glad that you are posting now! And the tag... adjkf;asdkjlf;asdl Lol it's okay. Happy readinggggg!

    ~ Brianna @ For The Love of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aha I feel so bad!!! The next one you tag me in I will definitely do! And I know. :( It makes me sad too! I am really going to work on posting more. I have sooo many ideas planned for the next few weeks! And thank you! I can't wait to see what you think of Unraveling when you get to it this January. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting and stopping at my blog!