Monday 8 April 2013

The Scorpion Project #1: New Focus

Hey everyone!

As you can tell from the title of this post, my blog will be switching gears a little bit over the next 4-5 weeks. I am going to be participating in a novel study! The novel is going to be The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer, a dystopia story I've heard very good things about. It sounds like a really interesting, thought-provoking book so I am very excited to get reading! You also might notice that some of the blogs I follow are also participating in this novel study, so feel free to check out their blogs. You can also follow my blogs and theirs if you're interested.

I will be posting 6 blog posts, most likely, as contribution to The Scorpion Project. These posts will probably occur once a week, so make sure to keep checking back for them (or, as said above, follow- it's a super simple way to keep up with new posts). However, all this being said, I'll still be posting my normal posts; Top Ten Tuesday, Weekly Updates, Three Monthly TBR Book Reviews, and maybe a few other special posts (cover to covers, pictures, etc).

I have one setback about this whole thing though, and that is that I have a reading schedule. I like reading at my own pace, not a pace already set for me. There are times where I want to read more or less than is required. Usually more, and I end up getting a little frustrated when I have to wait. After all, I usually read a book in under a week, so over a month seems like a very long span. That being said, I'll be reading lot's of other books during the time I am reading The House of the Scorpion, so I should be okay. Plus, it's good to try something new.

Hope you like my new focus and keep checking for the weekly posts!

*Click here to see the group blog and our first round table. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting and stopping at my blog!