Friday 5 April 2013

March Book Spotlight

So I forgot to talk about my favourite book in my wrap-up . . . *face palm* Anyway, it led to an idea for a new post. Since my wrap-up also contain my next month TBR, they get to be pretty long. So, instead I am now creating a new feature-- Book Spotlight! I may do this in the middle of the month or whenever I feel like it, but I will always have one at the end of the month. So yeah, this will basically be a Goodreads synopsis, three to five sentence review of my condensed thoughts or my reading experience, a rating, and why you should pick it up/recommendation. Yeah. Without further ado, my favourite book of March was (drumroll please)...

ALTERED by JENNIFER RUSH.

Goodreads Synopsis
When you can’t trust yourself, who can you believe?

Everything about Anna’s life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There’s Nick, Cas, Trev . . . and Sam, who’s stolen Anna’s heart. When the Branch decides it’s time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape, killing the agents sent to retrieve them. 

Anna is torn between following Sam or staying behind in the safety of her everyday life. But her father pushes her to flee, making Sam promise to keep her away from the Branch, at all costs. There’s just one problem. Sam and the boys don’t remember anything before living in the lab—not even their true identities.

Now on the run, Anna soon discovers that she and Sam are connected in more ways than either of them expected. And if they’re both going to survive, they must piece together the clues of their past before the Branch catches up to them and steals it all away.


This book came very out-of-the-blue for me. I thought, "hmmm, why not?" and quickly put it on hold. My expectations were low, and they were way overachieved. This book has an awesome blend of suspense, intrigue, and action mixed with character struggles and romance. The first chapters instantly pull you in with their lyrical quality and mystique. Pick this up, you've got nothing to lose!
My rating: 4.5/5 stars.

I recommend this book to dystopia fans as well as anyone looking for an entertaining, fast-paced, quick read. Though not without it's flaws, I would still recommend this book to almost everyone. Unless you don't like reading good books. Then this is not for you.

Thanks, I hope you enjoyed this Book Spotlight, I really encourage you to pick up this novel from a debut author. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting and stopping at my blog!