Monday 20 May 2013

Bout of Books Read-a-thon Wrap-Up

So a few unexpected things came up during the week that threw a wrench in my read-a-thon plans, but oh well.

Bout of Books
My first goal was to read 3-4 books. I didn't really meet this goal, sadly. I read Cinder, Glitches, and four stories of Shards & Ashes and the first half of The Invention of Hugo Cabret. So I suppose it totals to about 3 books, I just didn't get around to finishing the final story of Shards & Ashes. So close! Hugo Cabret I finished this morning so I nearly finished all four fully. Unfortunately, many unexpected events put me off schedule, and this week will be another busy one with no reading time. That said, I am actually 4 books (5%) ahead, so that's great.

My second goal was to finish the two books I was currently reading, included in the 3-4 books above. These books were Cinder and Shards & Ashes. You can find a review for Cinder here. It was awesome, and I was glad I made it a goal to finish it during bout of books. Shards & Ashes is a dystopia anthology from great authors. Pre-bout of books, I had read 4 stories and I finished all but the last one during the bout of books span. My review will be posted later today. Yay for almost completing goals! :)

Here is my grand total and list of books I read during my first ever read-a-thon!
  1. Cinder by Marissa Meyer (finished May 16)
  2. Glitches by Marissa Meyer (started and finished May 16)
  3. 4 more stories of Shards & Ashes by Various Authors (read May 19)
  4. The Invention of Hugo Cabret Part 1 (finished May 19, the rest of the book finished May 20th morning)
I am hoping to participate in Bout of Books this August but I may be busy during the time. I am looking forward to participating in other read-a-thon's and supporting other people's reading goals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting and stopping at my blog!