Monday 14 January 2013

Loose Ends

I realize that I just posted an update, but I have some more things to say. I missed a few resolutions in my Top Ten Tuesday video, so here are some additional resolutions.
  1. Do four "theme" months. I would really like to try having themes of what genre of books I read for a few months (i.e. science fiction month, middle grade month). I'm not sure if it's going to work, but I'd like to do at least four. 
  2. Stick to the books I plan. Each month I will resolve to read four specific books. Of course, I will read more than that, but those will kind of be impromptu books I see at the library or that come in for me from on hold. But my goal is to read the four books I say I will read every month.
  3. Write to J.K. Rowling. As much of a Harry Potter fan I am, I have never wrote to JKR. I need to do this for sure in 2013! I may not even send the letter, but I still want to write it. And send it. Probably. 
The other thing is my book planning. I have modified my four books for January. 
  1. Life as we Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
  2. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
  3. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
  4. What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
As you can see, I have chosen a wide variety of books. One science fiction, one fantasy, one dystopia/fairytale retelling, one realistic fiction. Hopefully this will pull me out of my reading slump that I had going on after reading Let it Snow. 

What books are you reading? How are you enjoying them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting and stopping at my blog!