- Do four "theme" months. I would really like to try having themes of what genre of books I read for a few months (i.e. science fiction month, middle grade month). I'm not sure if it's going to work, but I'd like to do at least four.
- Stick to the books I plan. Each month I will resolve to read four specific books. Of course, I will read more than that, but those will kind of be impromptu books I see at the library or that come in for me from on hold. But my goal is to read the four books I say I will read every month.
- Write to J.K. Rowling. As much of a Harry Potter fan I am, I have never wrote to JKR. I need to do this for sure in 2013! I may not even send the letter, but I still want to write it. And send it. Probably.
The other thing is my book planning. I have modified my four books for January.
- Life as we Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
- Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
As you can see, I have chosen a wide variety of books. One science fiction, one fantasy, one dystopia/fairytale retelling, one realistic fiction. Hopefully this will pull me out of my reading slump that I had going on after reading Let it Snow.
What books are you reading? How are you enjoying them?