Top Ten Settings I'd Like to See More Of
- Fantasy Worlds: I just love a good fantasy world. I'm especially thinking of this now as I'm reading poison study, reminding me of how much I love medieval-fantasy worlds.
- The United Kingdom: Because I've always wanted to go to the UK and you can never have enough books set there. X)
- Anywhere cold and wintery: I love adventure novels or any novel really set in a really cold climate. Because I love snow. And winter (no, I'm not crazy).
- Another Realm: I really like books that have 'realms' of sorts. Almost like an alternate reality or dimension that connects to our world. Often involving portals.
- Paris or London: I've never been to either of these places but they're at the top of my list of places I want to go. I read Wish You Were Eyre, which gave me a taste of Paris. For London, I know I've already said the UK, but this is a more specific place that has a lot of history that I would love to live through a book.
- Jungles: I would love to see some more books that take place in a rainforest or jungle landscape. I can't think of any books off the top of my head but I feel like I've read one.
- Ocean: Whether it's literally an underwater society, or just set on the beach, I LOVE books that take place near water. One of my all-time favourites is the Ingo series by Helen Dunmore.
- Villages: I love olden-dayish kind of places where there is a bunch of little stores and such. Some good examples are Plain Kate and the Magyk series that I enjoyed when I was younger. I really like it when the village is a woodland or village in a meadow. That's always fun.
- The Sky: So, I've read one book that took place in a spaceship, though I'm not going to answer what book because that would kind of be spoiling it, and it was quite enjoyable, however, I think it would be really cool if there was a society in the sky, not space. Hey, there are books underground and underwater, why not above land and water?
- Hogwarts: Oh c'mon. You knew this was coming... J.K. Rowling MUST write some backstories or stories about Harry's parents or kids!!! Or even just from another angle, like Draco's son. I actually am really desperate.
What are your top ten? Go to the Broke and the Bookish to find out how to join. :)