Tuesday 26 February 2013

Top Ten Books on Your Auto-Buy List

This is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish in which they will post a topic and then participants will make their top ten according to the topic. Feel free to go to their site and join in. This week's topic is...


Top Ten Authors on Your Auto-Buy List*
February 26, 2013
  1. J.K. Rowling- She wrote Harry Potter, which is my favourite series of all time, so obviously I would read whatever she writes. 
  2. Maria V. Snyder- I enjoyed the Inside duology, and loved Poison Study, and all her other books sound amazing. Overall a very talented author.
  3. John Green- Though I have only read his short story in Let It Snow, I am incredibly excited to read his other books and will read anything he publishes. :)
  4. Scott Westerfeld- The Uglies series was amazing, and I'm excited to read his other books (except for maybe Leviathan...). If he publishes another book, I will definitely pick it up.
  5. Laurie Halse Anderson- Again, I have only read one book she's published (Wintergirls) but I think all her novels have very important messages and so I would read at some point whatever she publishes.
  6. Jackson Pearce- Her quality of writing is fantastic and she has really good novel ideas, so if she published another book I'd be sure to read it.
  7. Marie Lu- I know she's only written one series (Legend), but it was so good that if she published anything else I would definitely pick it up. 
  8. Rick Riordan- His books are great middle-grade novels, and I loved them when I was younger (and still like them now). I love mythology, so I am super excited for his norse mythology books, and whatever he publishes!
  9. Suzanne Collins- I loved The Hunger Games and Catching Fire (Mockingjay, not so much) and also read the first of her Underland series, which I would've liked a lot better when I was younger so I chose not to continue it. I can't wait if she publishes something else!
  10. Rachel Hawkins- So far I have only read Hex Hall, which was a really fun read, but I really love her writing style because it's concise with a really fun, snarky narrator. Demonglass is currently in my to-read pile, and I am looking forward to the spin-off series and Rebel Belle, as well as anything else she publishes!
*I don't usually buy books, so I interpreted this as books I would automatically read because of the author. :)

Comment and leave your top ten if you'd like! :) Thanks for reading. 

4 comments:

  1. New follower! John Green made my list. JK Rowling almost made it but I'm not sure excited about The Casual Vacancy.

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!

      You seem to have some great authors on your list. I'm really excited to read them too. :)

      Despite my mixed feelings about The Casual Vacancy (though I haven't read it yet), J.K. Rowling remains my favourite author. But I completely get what you're saying.

      Delete
  2. I nominate YOU for the liebster blog award!!!! http://write4porsche.blogspot.ca/2013/02/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting and stopping at my blog!