Tuesday 5 February 2013

Top Ten Best Bookish Memories

This is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish in which they will post a topic and then participants will make their top ten according to the topic. Feel free to go to their site and join in. This week's topic is...

Top Ten Best Bookish Memories
February 5, 2013
  1. Reading the Harry Potter series and re-watching the movies: AHHHHH! THIS WAS MY LIFE. Still is my life, actually. The experience of reading and watching, then re-reading and re-watching is just something I'll always remember. No book will ever be held as dearly with me as with HP. 
  2. Seeing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (twice) in theatres: It was just so... Amazing. The end of the beginning. The beginning of the end. That was my entire childhood....
  3. Private showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly hallows Part 1: This is similar to the first one, but this time it was a private showing! And it was part 1. And there were free donuts... ;)
  4. Passing notes in the library: Slipping notes into the hold's... So much fun. 
  5. Entering my first writing contest: Just the other day I entered my FIRST WRITING CONTEST. This is huge for me. :D
  6. Becoming aware of the book community: Blogs, YouTube, Goodreads. I'm so glad I was introduced to this, and to me this counts as a memory. 
  7. Walking down the street in my Gryffindor scarf: This may seem like a small thing but it actually just kind of makes my day.
  8. All the stories I wrote when I was younger. Oh my gosh they were horrible, but cute, and I will always remember writing them. 
  9. "I volunteer as tribute!": Several times I have heard people answer this to a question and such and I just love hearing people say it, especially random people I don't know. 
  10. Reading books: Yes, this is a memory. Every book I've read, love it or hate it, I remember and this just had to be my final one. 
Nearly half of those are Harry Potter... The top three are at least... Typical me. What are your top ten? Please comment and compare if you would like. :)

4 comments:

  1. Danika,
    Regarding your poll it wouldn't allow me to choose more than one so I have to say all of the above (except for books that receive all the hype) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not believe I had an "all of the above" option, though I did have a "none of the above" option. I purposely made it so you can not choose more than one (mwahahahaha!!!!)

      Thanks for voting :D

      Delete
  2. Again, awesome post! I would completely agree with your #1, and it would make my list as well. Just this Christmas break I re-watched all of the movies, and it was just as awesome as the first time! And a writing contest? Keep me posted on how that turns out! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The results for the writing contest don't come in until May, and as I was pressed for time I just entered a few poems from last year.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting and stopping at my blog!