Monday 24 December 2012

Countdown to Christmas- Dec. 24

Today is Christmas Eve, which means another countdown to Christmas post. Today I have decided to show my favourite Christmas reads from when I was in elementary to middle-grade school. Keep in mind these are all children's novels, so definitely not anything I would've judged too harshly or critically at the age I read them.

Dancing Through the Snow by Jean Little: This is one of my favourite books from middle-grade! It is a sweet and touching story with a good message for kids. I remember loving this book because it was entertaining with a satisfying storyline. Recommended age: Age 9-12.

When Santa Fell to Earth by Cornelia Funke: I remember this book being read to my class when I was in elementary school. It was a fun, fantastical novel with characters which I loved to hate, and I remember loving the names of the characters! I also loved the awesome illustrations to break up all the text. In fact, I loved the book so much that I begged my mom to buy it when I got home. Don't ask me how I remember all this. Recommended age: Age 7-10.


On Christmas Eve by Ann M. Martin: This is probably my favourite childhood Christmas book of all. Full of grief, death and loneliness, but also hope, life, and family, this book really made an imprint on me. For years I read it every Christmas to get immersed in the story again. I loved the characters, and the book nearly made me cry. Recommended age: Age 9-12.

Thanks, I hope you enjoyed this post. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting and stopping at my blog!