Tuesday 11 December 2012

Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read in 2012

This is a meme I have been doing for the past two weeks hosted by the Broke and Bookish (link in sidebar). Anyone can join in, so check out their blog to see the requirements. Anyway, getting on with it. :)

Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read in 2012 (in no particular order)
December 11, 2012
  1. Suzanne Collins: Can you believe it? I finally read The Hunger Games in 2012. I loved the first book, the series was great as a whole, and I also read the first book in her children's series, Gregor the Overlander, out of curiosity. I would love to read more of her books if she chooses to write and publish more.
  2. Scott Westerfeld: LOVED the Uglies quartet. LOVED. Essentially this was the series that really, really sparked my interest in sci-fi, though the Hunger Games prompted me to read more dystopia. Anyway, I have heard of his other books such as "Peeps", which sounds great, and I like his writing style, so I really would like to read more of his books.
  3. Moira Young: Loved her style of writing and unique, fast-paced plot. Definitely a re-read book. Can't wait for Rebel Heart to come in and I will definitely check out any other books she writes. 
  4. William Goldman: This man is a genius. A genius. I probably won't read his other books, but he totally had me fooled for so long in his plot, and I love his story-telling ability. 
  5. Maria V. Snyder: I read Inside Out and Outside In this year and loved Snyder's ideas and concepts within the novels. I am very excited to read her Poison Study series and her Glass series. I will definitely be reading more of her works in 2013 after becoming interested in Inside Out this year.
  6. Veronica Roth: Divergent and Insurgent were awesome and action-packed, and I loved the plot Roth created. I really like her writing style. 
  7. J.R.R. Tolkien: Finally read the Hobbit! I'm craving more Middle Earth, but I really want to be ready to dedicate to it when I read the Lord of the Rings. I love Tolkien's archaic language and story-telling prowess. 
  8. Neil Pasricha: Sure, he doesn't write novel novels, but his "Books of Awesome" really put me in a good mood when I read them. If he ever chooses to write more "awesome" books, I would love to read them. I can't wait to read the Book of Holiday Awesome this Christmas and I'm really enjoying the Book of Even More Awesome.
  9. Maggie Stiefvater: Though I didn't really like Lament, I still added Stiefvater to this list for one specific reason: her other books sound amazing. The Scorpio Races and The Raven Boys in particular sound great, though I'd like to read her most popular Wolves of Mercy Falls series. I also love her poetic, beautiful language she uses in her books. 
  10. Barbara Smucker: I got around to reading Underground to Canada this year, despite owning it for a very long time. I loved the book so much, and the language was so eloquent and beautiful. It was just one of those times where I had to write so many lines down in my journal because I loved them so much. Smucker's poetic writing style and excellent portrayal of the time period of slavery made the novel amazing for me, therefore earning her a place in my top ten favourite authors I read in 2012. 
Thanks for reading! Look out for another TTT next Tuesday! 

2 comments:

  1. I still need to read Scott Westerfeld's books! My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/top-ten-favorite-new-to-me-authors-i-read-in-2012/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking at my blog! Your list sounds very interesting, I have never seen any of those authors before, but I'll have to check them out. Thanks again. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting and stopping at my blog!