Sunday 23 December 2012

Countdown to Christmas!

Now that it's December 23, I thought I'd do three days of "Christmas Specials". The first day (Christmas Eve Eve) I have chosen to talk about three Christmas books and one potential book that I would really like to read in the years to come (maybe next year, maybe in a few years).

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn: This book was recommended to me by a few friends who have read it, and though it is not a "Christmas" book so to speak, it takes place in the wintertime and it sounds like a heart-warming romance for the season (even though I don't read a lot of romance... oh well, there's a first for everything). 


Ex-mas by Kate Brian: This sounds like a hilarious book perfect for the holidays. Hopefully this will be entertaining and a fun read because I'm sure I'll be reading lot's of sci-fi and high fantasy during November. I really hope this is good, because I have high expectations. 

The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry: The author's name makes me think of a certain chocolate bar, but the novella sounds like a short and sweet and I've heard versions, but would love to read the real one. It sounds really cute and will hopefully fill me up with some more Christmas spirit. 

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens: So this may or may not be on this list because hopefully the book will be in from the library by Christmas. Probably not. So I really want to get my act together and get this on hold next year so I can read it! :)

Don't forget to check for tomorrow's blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting and stopping at my blog!