Tuesday 4 December 2012

Top Ten Most Anticipated Books of 2012 (I know, I know!)

I have decided to participate in a weekly meme (Top Ten Tuesday) hosted by The Broke and the Bookish (brokeandbookish.blogspot.ca) every Tuesday, in which they will post a topic such as "Books I Can't Wait to Read", and then participators will choose their top ten books fitting this topic. I meant to do this last week, but it slipped my mind, so I have decided to do two this week- November 27 and December 4. The December 4 list will be a different post... No one likes too much text (I know, I'm guilty of that...).

November 27, 2012
Top Ten Most Anticipated Books of 2012
  1. Untitled (Divergent #3) by Verionica Roth (September 26, 2012...I wish... 2013)- Ohmygosh I need this book! I loved Divergent and Insurgent and the ending made me want to scream. Anyway...
  2. The Archived by Victoria Schwab (January 22, 2013)- Beautiful cover. High Goodreads rating. Engaging, intriguing synopsis. YA science fiction/fantasy. What else could I hope for? 
  3. The Program by Suzanne Young (April 30, 2013)- This is a new series which I am super excited for. It is a young adult dystopia/science fiction novel and the synopsis on Goodreads sounds awesome. 
  4. My Name is Rapunzel by K.C. Hilton (2013)- I am really excited to be reading some more fairytale retellings, so this book sounds amazing. I read the extremely short synopsis on Goodreads and am already hooked. This is right up there with some of the books I'm most excited to read (released in 2013). 
  5. Antigoddess by Kendare Blake (September 10, 2013)- I actually want to read this book so bad! When I first added the book on Goodreads just a few days ago, there was no cover. And now there is! Ah!!! Anyway, this novel is fantasy with Greek mythology, which I love so very much, so this book is definitely one I want to read super bad!
  6. Mind Games by Kiersten White (February 19, 2013)- Originally saw this on the Broke and the Bookish top ten list. It sounded very interesting, and I love new dystopia series! So I had to add this to my most anticipated books of 2013. 
  7. The House of Hades by Rick Riordan (October 2013)- As I dive into the Mark of Athena, my need for the next book becomes bigger... I am certain he's going to end it with a cliff-hanger. 
  8. POD's by Michelle K. Pickett (June 4, 2013)- This book has a great Goodreads rating of the beta readers who have already read it. Not to mention the synopsis sounds awesome. Really awesome. Totally the type of book I would love, so I'm super excited. 
  9. Loki's Wolves by K.L. Armstrong and M.A. Marr (May 7, 2013)- Gasp! More mythology (I know... three books on my top ten). This one is Norse myths, which I am super excited about because I have never read about Norse mythology before. I have never heard of K.L. Armstrong, but I have heard of Melissa Marr and intend to read her "Wicked Lovely" series. Anyway, this book sounds really awesome!
  10. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner (2013)- Sounds like an interesting concept... I am very excited. And I enjoy the name. And it's very sci-fi-y. I'd love to read this. *sigh* If only they'd announce a publication date...
Note: After I had made most of my list, I saw that The Archived was on The Broke and the Bookish list. However, I actually had no idea it was on there! I found out about this book through my amazing Goodreads recommendations (thank you Goodreads!).

Don't forget to check out my December 4 TTT list. :)

2 comments:

  1. You will love this meme! It's one of my favorites :)
    You have some great books on your list. I have a couple of friends who have read Mind Games already, and they all have high praises. I can't wait to read it!
    Ohmygosh..."Untitled" #3 can't come out soon enough! Heck, I'd just love to have a REAL title! :)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am already enjoying it! I definitely would love an actual title for the last book in Roth's Divergent trilogy. I can't wait for all these new releases. Thanks for taking the time to stop at my blog! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting and stopping at my blog!