Thursday 13 December 2012

Just books :)

This post is just about the books that I've read this month, am planning to read this month and my "most anticipated" books. In my planning, I said I was going to read His Dark Materials and A Christmas Carol, but I may not read the whole trilogy of His Dark Materials because I have chosen to read some other fun, more festive books along with some other novels I've been planning to read this month but didn't really "announce". Checkmarks beside the book means I have now/already read it.

Short Collections 
The Book of (Even More) Awesome by Neil Pasricha √
The Book of Holiday Awesome by Neil Pasricha √
The Spirit of Christmas by Cecil Murphey and Marley Gibson
Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle

Novels
The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan √
Crossed by Allie Condie
Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman
POTENTIALLY:
The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman. That'd be nice. :) But I doubt it'll happen.

Top 7 Most Anticipated To-Read Books (not on my list above):
  1. Angelfall by Susan Ee: I've heard crazy amazing things about this book, and I only saw one rating on Goodreads below a four star (it was a three star), and almost everyone rated it 5 or 4.5 stars out of 5. I just am so excited to read this book!!!
  2. What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen: I reallllllyyyyy want to read some Sarah Dessen books! I really can't wait for this one. 
  3. The Host by Stephanie Meyer: Sounds so good! I think I marked this as a January read. I'm not interested in Twilight, but this sounds great. I'm not going to hold it against the author, especially because I haven't even read Twilight. 
  4. Rebel Heart by Moira Young: Ah, come in from the library already! I need this book. :O
  5. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder: This book looks soooooo good! I loved Inside Out and Outside In by the same author, and though this concept sounds totally different (it's fantasy not science fiction), it still sounds as good, if not better, than the other books I've read by her. 
  6. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray: I haven't read a fantasy novel in a while, I've been a little caught up in science fiction after discovering dystopia via the Hunger Games and the Uglies series. The synopsis sounds really cool, even though there are people who are on the fence about the book. But that's ok. It looks good to me. 
  7. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa: I am a bit wary of this book because of the wayyyy overused topic in YA literature: vampires. Come on people, come up with something original! That being said, I have heard that many people have echoed my thoughts on this topic, and were thrilled and surprised when the book turned out to be more realistic of a vampire apocalypse, and creative as well. It sounds really dark and exciting, so I really want to check this out. 
Thanks for reading! :) What books are you reading, or planning to read? Please leave your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting and stopping at my blog!